You can change your event types as well as their display color and visibility very easily. This allows you to control who can create certain event types and it gives you the ability to color-code your calendar! To manage these settings, simply log in as an administrator and follow the following steps:
- Click on the “Settings” tab on the bottom left of your screen.
- Click on the “Calendar” tab on the top right of your screen.
Now, you can change your event type settings. You can add to and delete (with some exceptions) your current event types.
To add a new event type, click on the “Create New” button.
To delete an event type, click on the event type you wish to delete, and then click on the “Delete” button.
Editing Event Type Settings
- Title: This is the name of the event type that will show up both on the left hand side of this page as well as under “Event Type” when someone creates a new calendar event.
- Description: Here you can enter a brief description of what the event type should be used for and what types of events should be listed under this type.
- Calendar Type: This is where you choose which calendars can have events of this type. For example, if “Teacher Calendar” and “Public Calendar” are selected, then anyone making an event for either of those two calendars can use this event type. For more information about which to select, please see Types of Calendars and Visibility.
- Color: This is the color that the event will have on the calendar.
Note: Some event types are limited in their modification possibilities. These include “Assignment”, “Non-School Day”, and “Student Birthdays”. For more information about these event types, please see Automated Events.